Some lessons learned:
- Flat pack, assembled designs print much quicker than monolithic, one-piece designs
- Tolerances are very important in assembled designs
- The simpler the joints the easier it is to control tolerances
- Test-fit one sample joints before printing multiples
- No shame in sanding-to-fit
I am playing with variations of this concept - different shapes, sizes and styles. I will share more details about all the designs and the design-process soon, but I also need to digest the lessons-learned before I can articulate them.